How to install Spudpen.
First download the Spudpen files here:
This will contain the following files:
- MAN + FAQ
- HASP-key must be in your computer that you are running Spudpen on.
- Note: Spudpen and ‘calculation-kernel’ ISO_19905_1 are the same
To make it simple, let’s create a new folder on your disk:
- Create folder -> ‘Spudpen’ Tip: Create a folder that has short pathname for quick access. e.g. “C:\Spudpen”
- Extract all the files in that folder
- You should have something like this in your folder structure “C:\Spudpen\ISO_19905_1”
Open a Command Line Interface
- Go left on your Windows task bar
- Type search “CMD”
- Right mouse button
- Open as “Administrator”
- It will open a Command Line Interface (CLI) view also know as a ‘power shell’ (pretty old skool, yes we now)
You see something like this:
- Type “C:\Spudpen” You will now see that you are in that directory. Tip: Type “dir” -> this will show you all the files in that directory
- Type: “CD ISO_19905_1”
- You are now in the “C:\Spudpen\ISO_19905_1”
How do you start Spudpen?
- Type: “CD EXE”
- You are now in the “C:\Spudpen\ISO_19905_1\EXE”
- Type: “ISO_19905_1.00.11” Note: this is the latest version of the .exe
- [hit enter]
- As you can see nothing will happen. No problem
You now need to tell the ISO.exe which INPUT file it should read and calculate.
- Open up windows folder explorer (tip: press windows icon + e)
- Locate your INPUT file name. Note: file names have the file extension .i01 (the ‘i’ stands for input)
- There are TEST-input files in the \Spudpen\ISO_19905_1\MAN+FAQ\AppC_Example_Files (you can try this for a test run)
- Copy the FULL path name of the input file.
- Don’t forget to include the .i01 extension
- You should have something like this: “C:\Spudpen\ISO_19905_1\MAN+FAQ\AppC_Example_Files\EX1_GSS.i01” (remember the .i01 extension)
How do you start Spudpen?
- Go back to your “Command Line Interface”
- Make sure you are in the directory where you want to run the ISO_19905_1.00.11 (.exe)
- You should have something like this: “C:\Spudpen\ISO_19905_1\EXE\ISO_19905_1.00.11”
- Don’t press [enter] yet
- Type this: ISO_19905_1.00.11 “C:\Spudpen\ISO_19905_1\MAN+FAQ\AppC_Example_Files\EX1_GSS.i01” (remember the .i01 extension)
- Hit [enter]
If this doesn’t work, check the following:
- There must be a SPACE between the ISO_19905_1.00.11 + “C:\…. filename.i01”
- Don’t forget the “begin and end quotation” -“C:\….. input-file.i01”
- Make sure you have the .i01 input file correctly spelled
- Is the HASP-key in the computer?
Where can you find the output file?
- The output file should be in the EXE folder
- The output file has the same NAME, but the extension is now .O01 (the O = output)
Can I put the .exe anywhere on my pc?
Can I put the input files anywhere on my pc?
My system is reporting an error that it can’t read the HASP-key
- Install the Sentinel package, which can be found in the “Sentinel” folder
- After updating your computer should mention that it has detected a HASP key
- Your HASP-key should be turning red / blinking
- Restart your computer
My system reports that there are some errors regarding the fortran, dll’s and such.
- Go to “System Settings”
- Search “Visual”
- From the application list “Select and REMOVE”
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2014
- [restart your computer]
- Go to “EXE\Missing_DLLs”
- [restart computer]
- give Spudpen a try
Can I use the Spudcan software via local area or network?
- No, sorry, but we are working on a Cloud based version
Can I use Spudcan with multiple colleagues?
- You need to purchase multiple licenses, so everybody get’s their own HASP-key.
- Or we need to switch on ‘network mode’… but, we are working on a Cloud based version
Can I give feedback or suggestions on Spudcan?
- Yes, send an email to email@example.com
- Please include a mockup, sketch, … to illustrate what you would like to see.